US-based Elderly Care Service provider approached TechVedika for building a solution for verifying the credentials of the third-party healthcare providers as they were concerned with the safety of the residents due to the risk that may arise due to unverified healthcare providers.
TechVedika developed a platform-based solution on the AWS cloud to automate the sign-in process and verify the credentials of the providers and vendors entering the community
- Many senior citizens and operators are concerned with the safety risk and liability associated with unverified third-party healthcare providers and vendors that stream in and out of communities and work with vulnerable residents and staff
- A platform for ensuring secure and safe access into premises of third-party health care providers
- Worked with client to perform the assessment and finalized the move the workloads over the AWS cloud.
- One of the main reasons for the migration was on the earlier platform there was a limitation of only 500 max DB connections on Postgres DB instance, with AWS cloud the max DB connections can be scaled significantly
- Synchronous replication of primary database with standby database in different AZ for data redundancy and high availability.
- Ensuring data security using AWS WAF and AWS Shield to prevent unauthorized access and DDOS attacks.
- Designed for
- Backup Management – Daily backup schedules and data archiving
- Cost Optimization by monitoring idle and under-utilized resources (terminate/ optimize) and configuring schedulers for instance management (start/shutdown)
- Developed a touchscreen, badge-printing Tablet to automate the sign-in process and confirm receipt of required credentials from third-party health care providers and other vendors working in senior citizen communities
- Allows administering touchless temperature capture and screening questions for visitors and staff along with secure sign-in to control the health and safety of the community
- Generates immediate notifications and alerts via mobile phone or email based on the criteria set for specific individuals, health screening results, and other areas of concern
Data gets stored in a private HIPAA compliant cloud to ensure healthcare privacy
- Mobile: Android, iOS
- Device: Android Tablet (Kiosk)
- AWS Cloud Services: EC2, ECS, S3, Docker, SNS, Lamda, CloudWatch
- AWS RDS/Database: PostgreSQL
- Simplified staff & visitor sign-in by replacing the existing paper sign-in books at the Front Desk with a Secure and Safe Sign-In System
- Designed for COVID handling – Screening Questions, Recording Temperature
- Real-time information regarding visitors, third-party caregivers, and residents to Community Operators & Management
- High Availability and Scalability using AWS ALB, ASG, EC2, RDS, and AWS Availability Zones
- The application can manage more than 1 million concurrent connections with multiple tablets and Kiosks connecting from multiple locations.
- Proactive AWS services monitoring using CloudWatch and other 3rd party monitoring tools.